Are you passionate about energy efficiency and sustainability? Are you up to speed with all the latest developments in technologies enabling Internet of Things (IoT)? You know how to build and design microservices architectures? Do you possibly have a small home automation project of your own? Big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence are not just buzzwords but familiar concepts for you?
If that resonates with you, you might be the Azure .NET Developer ALFRED Maritime GmbH is looking for! Jump in and join our enthusiastic core team to craft completely new things for the maritime industry. The core team’s ultimate mission is to improve the overall energy efficiency by the means of machine learning and the smart controls implemented thereof.
ALFRED Maritime GmbH is a MEYER Group company and works as the digital innovation lab for the whole group. MEYER Group is an international consortium with three shipyards in Papenburg, Rostock and the Finnish city of Turku, as well as other subsidiaries and companies of MEYER Group. Around 7,000 people work directly for us. We work with our highly qualified network to build cruise ships, river cruise ships and ferries for customers around the world. Our vessels are tailored exactly to each market and target group.
We at ALFRED also acknowledge that our task is not easy and therefore customer collaboration is of utmost importance and essence to succeed. In practice this means working with, listening, and learning from the numerous subject matter experts in maritime sector.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
- Highly motivated, outgoing, and creative individual who really believes work can be fun.
- Passionate to improve and adapt the today’s technologies for a better, greener, tomorrow.
- Enjoy venturing with new technologies and not at all afraid of creating something completely new what hasn’t been done before.
Your responsibilities will be:
- You work with a team of programmers, network-, and infrastructure experts towards a common, uniform and scalable IIoT and ML product architecture
- You design, develop and compare technical solution components to match requested functional and non-functional requirements
- You create guidance and best practice on technology selection and set up (e.g. programming language, framework, software, middleware, integration methods, protocol usage, APIs, etc.)
- You design methods to achieve information dominance by leveraging data from IoT devices, third-party data feeds, in-house data stores & ML models, cloud systems and many other channels
Keys to success in this role:
- 3-5 year experience in the field of software business and development
- Bachelor/Master/PhD in STEM subjects or comparable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German and/or Finnish is a bonus, but working language is English.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to work in international team.
- Experience developing in C#.net, TypeScript, Node.js, MS Azure IoT Stack (i.e. IoT Edge, IoT Hub, Streaming, Analytics etc.) with Microservices architecture.
- Basic knowledge on networking, server architecture and automation systems
- Sound knowledge of and experience with agile methods and continuous integration systems
- Experience with any of below is considered a Plus (not in priority order):
- Additional programing languages like Kotlin
- Varied databases: RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server etc. NoSQL – MongoDB, datalake etc. Experience with time Series database would be considered a big plus.
- One, or more, relevant tools (like Docker, Kubernetes, and Kafka).
- Stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Industrial interfaces and protocols: Ethernet/Serial, Modbus, NMEA, OPC, CAN, etc.
- Developing application with Asynchronized Message Queue notification, e.g MQTT
- AI/ML concepts and technologies.
- Supporting the Scrum team as Scrum Master.
What we offer:
We offer you a flexible and safe hybrid office environment, access to an online learning platform, sponsored gym membership, competitive salary, and a front seat for watching and defining the shape of ocean going vessels in the future.
Please send us your application in English, including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.