Are you looking to work on enabling AI powered Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications for the Cruise industry? Are you comfortable with configuring computers (software and hardware) and interfacing them with ship’s automation system/navigation system? You can read and update technical drawings, interpret I/O lists and configure an interface between systems?
If that resonates with you, you might be the Software Project Engineer ALFRED Maritime GmbH is looking for! Jump in and join our enthusiastic core team to install and commission smart solutions for cruise ships. The core team’s ultimate mission is to enable a sustainable future for cruise vacations with the latest developments in data driven AI solutions.
We also acknowledge that our task is in a complex multi-stakeholder environment and therefore customer collaboration is of utmost importance and essence to succeed. In practice this means working with, listening to, and learning from the numerous subject matter experts of our customers, within the MEYER Group, and across the maritime sector in general.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
- Highly motivated, outgoing, and creative individual who really believes work can be fun.
- Eager to travel onboard the vessels around the globe, collaborate with the technical designers/experts and offer our customers handover training and support (local/remote).
- Enjoy venturing with new technologies and keen to create something completely new what hasn’t been done before.
What you will do:
- Plan, design and manage together with the system responsible for the installation projects (both for new builds and retrofits for sailing ships).
- Review relevant technical drawings and specifications to prepare for the project.
- Install and commission an IIoT and AI software solution (developed with MS Azure IoT Edge RT framework running on Docker containers) on Ubuntu OS.
- Install the server(s) and other hardware onboard cruise ships.
- Connect and configure external interfaces including signal lists.
- Define and script into the system the needed calculation formulas.
- Set up the ship network and cloud connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and provide structured feedback to product management and development team for improving the configurability and new requirements for interfacing.
- Provide the team onboard with handover training
- Support the customers locally and remotely in using the system.
- Collaborate with diversely skilled core team and come up with ideas for installing new sensors and IIoT infrastructure components for identified problem.
Keys to success in this role:
- Software engineering education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A good understanding of B2B software deployment, installation, configuration, commissioning and troubleshooting
- 2–4 years of field experience in commissioning software / hardware solutions in maritime sector.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to work in an international team.
- Good understanding and capability to build and modify computer software/scripts, such as json files, ansible scripts, xml files, shell (bash) scripts, and ssh connections/tunnels
- Big bonus: A good understanding on various industry standard interfacing protocols, such as Modbus (RTU/TCP), NMEA (TCP/Serial), OPC-DA, OPC-UA, MQTT
What we offer:
We offer you a flexible and safe hybrid office environment, competitive salary, access to an online professional training platform, and a front seat for watching and defining the shape of cruise vessels in the future.
Please send us your application in English, including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.